Thursday, December 24, 2009

Vinegar in washing rinse cycle?

Can you use vinegar in the rinse cycle along with normal washing powder safely? Will your clothes have a bad smell afterwards?Vinegar in washing rinse cycle?
I also use vinegar often. I keep a huge bottle by the machine along with a box of baking soda. If your clothes ever get that musky smell (like your towels or laundry that sat in the washing machine too long) at the start of your load add 3/4 cup of vinegar to the water than add your clothes as usual. On the rinse cycle add about 1/2 cup more of vinegar and sprinkle a little baking soda in there too. VOILA.. no more bad smells!! Throw in the dryer with your usual dryer sheet and you can never tell there was ever a bad smell or that you used vinegar!!Vinegar in washing rinse cycle?
I use it all the time. I keep a large container right on my dryer. I pour in maybe a 1/4 cup in the last rinse cycle. I takes the place of fabric softener. The towels are more absorbent and there is no lingering smell.
You can and it probably wouldn't leave a smell. Best thing is to use a towel and give it a go. I will say though that washing powder is a base and vinegar is an acid. It is quite possible that you will be reducing the ability of the wash powder with the vinegar. If you want to rinse in vinegar, you should probably do so in the sink.
yes you can a couple of tablespoons.


It neutralises the soap, and no, it doesn't leave a smell, as long as you use plain white vinegar.


just add it when the rinse cycle is starting, or put it in the wash softener dispenser.
Yes, I regularly use white vinegar instead of fabric softener. The vinegar smell does not linger on the clothes.





But I think it may not be safe to use on silk, so leave it out when you wash those items.





http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/homemak鈼?/a>
  • oil
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment