Thursday, December 24, 2009

Do you wash Lettuce, Blueberry and Strawberry before eating them? Just with water or with vinegar too?

THANKSDo you wash Lettuce, Blueberry and Strawberry before eating them? Just with water or with vinegar too?
Just water, never heard of the vinegar thing.Do you wash Lettuce, Blueberry and Strawberry before eating them? Just with water or with vinegar too?
Wash before eat it more safe. I wash the lettuce with salt water. the lettuce contain pesticides. Blueberry and strawberry with just wash running water wash a few time. I never try before vinegar to wash vegetable or fruit. Vinegar can help to lock the vitamin on the vegetable when it is using knife to cut. If you use w/out a knife to cut your vegetable the vitamin still in the vegetable. Tear piece to wash so the vitamin will not run into the water
Yes. Wash all produce before eating it, only with water. Nothing else is needed. There have been too many scares with packaged lettuce having e.coli (the types that are pre-washed), so I wash everything under running water. If it pertains to lettuce and salad greens, I wash them using running water, with the greens placed in the inner basket of my salad spinner, and then I spin the greens with the spinner to get as much moisture off before adding salad dressing or oil %26amp; vinegar.
i wash mine with just water, thats usually how i wash all of my fruits and veggies.
with water is fine, but make sure it's clean water that you can drink or at least ingest a litlte of. if you live in a place that you can't drink the tap water you might consider using drinking water, or if it's easier maybe the vinegar thing would work. i'be never heard of that though.





most vegtables you get at the store (or from your garden for that matter) should be washed, to remove excess dirt and in some cases pesticides and preservatives.





if you buy fruit frozen in a bag you dont need to wash them, but they sometimes have more sugar added to them and arent' as nutrutionally valuable.
I usually just wash them under the faucet.


To be honest, I really should wash them better then I do...
Yeah, sure!!!!!!!
all you really need is water
just water
Yes, each time. Only wash them when you're ready to use it, or it will get soggy. There is a product you can get in a grocery store that you can use in the rinse water. Sorry, I can't think of what it's called, but it's with the dish soap generally.
Yes, I wash lettuce, I think it'd be gross if you didn't.





Blueberries not so much.





I wash strawberries with water and sugar...yum. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment