Sunday, December 20, 2009

How do you wash whites using white vinegar?

What I normally do is put my laundry, a reasonable amount of detergent, pour a 1:1 ratio of vinegar and hot water and let it soak overnight. We have hard water in Ontario, can't hang it outside because there is no clothesline and fear of racoons and skunks. Right now, we just line dry it inside.How do you wash whites using white vinegar?
I always thought vinegar was merely to remove shine and to stop the suds in the last rinse water. Why do you soak your clothes overnight?





I'd use merely ';Tide'; and I buy it with the bleach already in it. Then I put ';snuggle'; softener sheets when I dry it in the dryer. But there is a water softener you can add to the last rinse when you wash your clothes to make them softer.How do you wash whites using white vinegar?
just use daz or ariel it is much easier that adding this and that to your washing!
There are some good fabric bleaches on the market. I use Vivid or Snowy for whites. I don't like the clothes to smell of vinegar so I would use baking soda to soften the water. The clorine based bleaches will destroy elastic so I don't use them.
I soak it if there are stains, otherwise I put a cup in the washing machine with the detergent. Also will add bicarb soda with tough stains.


Kids love to watch it fizz.

No comments:

Post a Comment