Thursday, December 24, 2009

Salt or vinegar? can I wash a dress that's silk even though tag says dry clean?

the dress is a blue color, and I have washed silk shirts before even thought they say dry clean only. It has a lip gloss stain on front, and was gonna use shout, and then then wash on gentle, with some vinegar or salt to hold color in. does anyone have any suggestions?Salt or vinegar? can I wash a dress that's silk even though tag says dry clean?
It is safe to hand wash, but do not use shout, vinegar or salt. You will have to pick up a gentle laundry wash like Woolite or Delicare. I personally have Delicare here as the instructions are very exact and I think it works better. It smells better in my opinion too.





Put a small amount of the laundry wash on the stain after it is wet and work it in gently. Follow instructions on laundry wash of choice for hand washing. Make sure you wash and rinse the garment in cold water only.





Once washed and rinse, air dry only. Do not put it in the dryer. Once it is completely dry, check to see if any stain remains. If so, repeat washing steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment