Sunday, December 20, 2009

If you tea stain a curtain, does setting it with vinegar make any difference when you wash it?

I don't think it would hurt. I have heard that it does and doesn't take too much effort or money to try it. So, go for it.If you tea stain a curtain, does setting it with vinegar make any difference when you wash it?
I remember once on the Christopher Lowell show (WHAT a flaming Queen, gotta love 'im!) he said that sometimes tea doesn't provide a deep enough dye and if you wanted to go darker try using coffee. So, if you can't find the right shade with tea, try coffee. I've never tried the vinegar part, but couldn't hurt.If you tea stain a curtain, does setting it with vinegar make any difference when you wash it?
Tea stains are permanent. My gramma taught me to tea stain white bras in the 60's... I have been doing it for years. I have never ';set'; the stains and as much as bras get washed, I have never had the tea wash out or fade. Don't bother... rinse 'em, dry 'em and iron 'em and hang them up to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment