Thursday, December 24, 2009

If I';m going to wash black pants w/ a cup of vinegar what is my water temp. suppose to be..cold, warm or hot?

I enjoyed answers from one question, but I want to know if the temperature of my wash is hot, very hot, warm, or cold?If I';m going to wash black pants w/ a cup of vinegar what is my water temp. suppose to be..cold, warm or hot?
turn the pants inside outIf I';m going to wash black pants w/ a cup of vinegar what is my water temp. suppose to be..cold, warm or hot?
If I am concerned about the pants shrinking-then I always use cold...if not then I use warm water for sanitary reasons.





FYI....when washing new clothing that you are not sure if it is color fast or not-I suggest either soaking them alone in vinegar or salt...or washing the garment alone with either a cup or two of white vinegar or plain table salt. These both serves as a natural color fixatives. To be safe - after either soaking these garments in vinegar or salt or on their first wash with mixed items - I always use a product made by SHOUT called Color Catcher. It is a small sheet that you use with your wash and it is amazing how much random bleeding color it catches. Depending on wash load size-I sometimes use two to be safe.





Another Product worth mentioning-that is on the market called RETAYNE can also be used to fix colors in cotton products. You use it before washing a garment that is likely to bleed. For best results, you treat the garment with Retayne prior to laundering for the first tie. Not only will it prevent the garment from bleeding, it will also help to keep colors brighter, longer. Again, as with anything, try it out in an inconspicuous area first and read the directions carefully. use warm for sanitary reasons. The vinegar will do it's job of setting the color in any temperature. After the initial wash-bleeding should not be an issue. I haven't tried it yet but I have heard that the detergents for cold water washing-whites or colors work very well.





*After the initial color-setting with any product - your wash water temperature should not be an issue unless you are using a standard washing liquid/powder and you are using warm/hot water for sanitary reasons (instead of the cold water wash usually recommended for colored clothing). I haven't tried it yet but I have heard that the new cold water wash detergents that they were created for both white and colored washes are really doing a super job on clothing. I am the last (finishing off a super-sized container of standard detergent) in my family that is making the conversion. There is a lot to be said for cold water washing...especially if you have missed a stain and only notice it after the laundry has been done. Stains are always easier to remove if they were washed in cold water.
wash them in cold water and add the vinegar to the rinse making sure that the final rinse is clear water ,no suds allowed or your pants will have white streaks in them.
Wash and rinse in cold. i usually add 1/2 cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle.
I wash all black clothing in cold water. You don't need the vinegar after the first wash where it sets the dye
Wash colors in cold water to keep from fading.
cold water is the best thing to do all laundry in. it doesnt set stains.

No comments:

Post a Comment