Sunday, December 20, 2009

Can I wash out Maltese tear stains with vinegar?

Will vinegar work if I add some vinegar to a shampoo and conditioner mix washing my dog's face? He is a Yorkshire Terrier and Maltese mix.Can I wash out Maltese tear stains with vinegar?
Absolutely not. There is a product called Angel Eyes that works pretty well.Can I wash out Maltese tear stains with vinegar?
The hair is stained, vinegar is not going to remove it. The only way to get rid of the stains is to PREVENT them from ever happening. The stain is caused by bacteria nicknamed ';red yeast'; that thrives in warm, most areas. There is an OTC antibiotic called Angel Eyes that will prevent the bacteria from growing. Your job is to keep the area clean and dry. Wipe the eyes daily.
Don't do that but I heard if you put a few drops of Apple Cider Vinegar in their water that is supposed to work. If you have the money I have heard nothing but wonderful things about Angel Eyes. I have not tried it yet but I am fixing to order some today.
I would not go anywhere near my dog's eyes with vinegar. Some pet stores and vets offices sell a special powder that you can put on your dogs food or a solution that you can out directly on them that will stop the tears.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! They sell shampoos that clean that area by the dogs eye. You can buy it almost at any department store.
NO NO NO AND NO!





Do not put vinegar near your dogs eyes.





Petco sells a safe solution to get rid of tear stains.
WHAT? NOOO how would you feel with vinegar in youe eyes???, go to a pet store they sell proper SAFE products for this
I'd call a Maltese or YT breeder and ask what to do-they would know.
I used milk, but always be careful of their eyes. Warm milk, not hot!
ive heard angels eyes is good for them its stuff you put in there food

No comments:

Post a Comment