Thursday, December 24, 2009

How can i clean my washing machine with vinegar?

i've read in several places on the internet to run a cycle with some vinegar. but hot or cold water? because some people say that or the other. some say definitely hot, some say definitely cold. what should i do? also how much should i put in? and in the drawers or in the actual drum?How can i clean my washing machine with vinegar?
You can with White vinegar if you wish i think is an expensive way of doing it i have always used washing soda.place a cup full in your powder drawer or directly into the machine and put on the shortest wash cycle warm wash. this will clean out old powder and residue from pipes and pump. also when this first clean is complete add half a cup to every wash this will serve two purposes,it will soften your clothes making them easier to iron (no more separate softener) and keep your machine clean and free from hard water scum.. Oh and don't forget remove your drawer now and again to remove old powder that build up there should be a lever either on top or underneath to assist in removal just soak in warm water and clean with a brush..have funHow can i clean my washing machine with vinegar?
Put about 2 capfuls of white vinegar into the drawer and then put the machine on a cold wash (about 30 degrees).


NEVER use malt vinegar ( the one you put on your chips !) as this will leave a smell.





White vinegar is great for all sorts of uses. Use one part white vinegar to 8 parts water, put in an old spray bottle and spray on to your windows. Wipe your windows or mirrors over with old newspaper and you'll have a lovely shine! x
Vinegar works, but not as well as SnoBowl. A friend gave me that tip years ago and I have religiously cleaned my washer ever since.





I put an entire container of SnoBowl in my washer (directly in the drum and about a cup or so in the drawers--I have a front loader). Then I run a heavy cycle on HOT. Afterwards, I run a second cycle to flush the system out one more time before I wash clothes--usually on cold. I do this once or twice a year.





This cleans out all the hard water stains, rust, and goop out of the washer and helps get your clothes cleaner. I am entirely happy with this method. My whites always get really white.
White vinegar does tend to smell like vomit. Why not just run a hot cycle with laundry detergent? You only need to worry about limescale if you are in a hard water area where your kettle furs up. Vinegar might help this slightly but it will be so dilute it won;t make much difference.
put white vinegar into the dispensing draw and then just run a boil wash cycle... you can also put in some soda crystals and bicarb. they both help descale and clean...
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you should keep your vinegar as far away as possible from your washing machine, buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment