Thursday, January 7, 2010

I've just tried vinegar through my washing machine and it didn't get the desired result, what else peoples?

If you are trying to get a smell out of the washer, put a cup of bleach in with a large load of hot water. Let sit for 30 minutes to an hour, then wash. You can run 2 rinse cycles to make sure you get all the bleach out. Take a cleaning rag and wipe out the machine wherever you can reach. Make sure the lid stays open between washings to prevent the smell from coming back.





If you're trying to get the musty smell out of laundry, put 1/2 cup to 1 cup of baking soda in with your laundry detergent.





Hope this helps. Good luck!I've just tried vinegar through my washing machine and it didn't get the desired result, what else peoples?
What ';result'; are you looking for? Is it stain removal.. Odors? You may want to be more specific with your question.





I've never used vinegar in my wash.... I use baking soda.. I put a cup in with the wash water.. I use 1/2 the amount of detergent and my clothes come out smelling clean/fresh.... It also helps remove stains... I do recommend SOAKINg the laundry and running the cycle as usual for best results..





Good luckI've just tried vinegar through my washing machine and it didn't get the desired result, what else peoples?
For odor, especially those musty towels, I use rubbing alcohol. Just pour 1/3 of a bottle in with the wash water. Try to hang up your wet towels and let them dry to avoid putting in the laundry wet. Wet towels and other laundry items actually grow bacteria, and this is the reason for the smell.
What is the problem that you have? And what is your desired outcome? Do you have stains, odor....

No comments:

Post a Comment