Thursday, January 7, 2010

Can I put vinegar in the washing machine, with my clothing. . . ?

instead of javex bleach? I have some towels that seem to have mildew or something, I want to be more green and so I don't want to use bleach. But I know bleach would kill the mildew, so if i use vinegar instead, will that work just as well? If not what can I put in the wash to kill the mildew? I have tried just washing them in hot water with soap, but the mildew is still there. Can I put vinegar in the washing machine, with my clothing. . . ?
vinegar will not likely kill the mildew. I would use Borax or an oxygen bleach. I do use vinegar as a fabric softener.Can I put vinegar in the washing machine, with my clothing. . . ?
Mildew can stain even after it's died so you need something that will both kill it and address the stain. I'd try Borax for a more eco-friendly alternative to chlorine bleach.
I hope this helps...





http://www.ehow.com/how_18795_remove-mil鈥?/a>
Vinegar sets stains and colors in cloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment